Friday, January 29, 2010

Randomness

Firstly I have to get off my chest how much I love eating at the Pancake Parlour. Perhaps I've never been confident in my own pancake making ability; perhaps I secretly enjoy spending my money on overpriced flour, eggs and whipped butter; perhaps I'm just a big kid really who can't wait for her iced chocolate and the giant game of chess. Whatever the reason (a delicate blend of all the above?) I heart the Pancake Parlour. I visited today and had a trusted favourite, the cheese and potato pancake. I also very much enjoy the traditional bacon and eggs. I'm hungry again just thinking about it.

Quinn commented the other day about the plate he was eating from. He said "China made this for me. God and China made this plate for me and they sended it to me..." This has no tie to the first paragraph, hence the title of this post. I simply needed to write it down before it gets lost amongst the clutter in my brain. They just say the funniest things, both of them. This is a good place for me to record it.

Fact about me: I can be oversensitive. Sometimes other say things to me and I take it personally (often I don't). Logical thought processes would reach the conclusion that the intention was not to upset even though words spoken are clumsy (a slip I am often guilty of despite being trained in how to phrase things 5 different ways to suit particular recipients of information) and yet sometimes it just does. Today I am having an oversensitive day. An I'm oncall. Which I hate. So that adds to my annoyance. My solution? Pizza.

1 comment:

christina said...

love the China comment! Jemima has a similar growing awareness of the making power of China. Mmmmm the potato and cheese pancake is my all time favourite ever pancake. Want one too, especially with mushrooms on the side.

I thought you were finishing soon - is this your parting on call gift? On call is different where I am. People go on for a day and hand it on to someone else. The braver (read poorer) of us volunteer for weekends. It is a horrible thing being on call.