Monday, January 4, 2010

Infrequent but here nonetheless

Alright so I'm pretty slack with this blogging lark but I've been busy doing other things like, well, living my life.
This is my first post for 2010, thought I should do it in January while the year is fresh.
Definitely the highlight in what was a fairly miserable 2009 was my trip to Europe. I was lucky enough to spend 4 weeks with my mother in England and Scotland, with a flying visit to do the touristy bits of Paris.




Ely CathedralEdinburgh Castle
The landscape of Bath
London



Breakfast in a hotel in Waterloo (I had an upset tummy so the closest I got to it was to take a photo - shame)
Other highlights of 2009 were that I resigned from my job, Mieke excelled at school, I made another life long friend, the business continues to do well. We are lucky in many ways, at the moment I am grateful we are in a position for me to leave work - at least for a wee bit while I gather my thoughts about future employment.
I am also currently training for the Oxfam Trailwalker in April. Basically in a team of 4 we have up to 48 hours to walk 100km. We need to raise $3000 to be eligible to begin the walk. Our team home page (where you can sponsor us, as much as you like) is here. Our team name is May Contain Traces of Nuts. Appropriate we thought, on more than one level. Please sponsor us, I warn you I WILL resort to shameless begging, probably along the lines of targeting individuals and following the person around for a day saying things like please please please please please please please (etc). I also promise to put up photos of my suffering for your pleasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are becoming adept at photography, Kate.
More frequent posts would be nice for us creepy ppl lurking back here in the dark.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.