Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Post for Andrew

Apparently I'm not frequent enough with my posting! Which is fine in theory but in order to post I find it is more entertaining if one actually has things to write about in a post. I've rummaged around and come up with a few random tidbits.

I am sick. Not cough sneeze sick, berloody sick to my core sick. This is what happens when people don't get sick often - when they do, it's life altering. I've not been to work now for over a week, due in part to Mieke having the same lurgy, then (bless her little cotton socks), she gave it to me. I'm going on leave in under two weeks and I have precisely thirty four and a half million things to do before I go - which includes a court report (for a matter which goes to court while I'm on leave and is likely to be a contested hearing, which means I'll be subpoenaed to give evidence).

Quinn turns two in the very near future and ideas for his present are few and far between. He has way too many clothes. He has way too many toys. What do you buy a two year old if it's not clothes or toys? I have tucked away for him a couple of books and a set of Schleich animals. It feels like it's not enough though. Why do we feel like we have to shower children senseless with stuff? In my experience the more they have the less they appreciate it. Still, I'll make a last minute dash to grab more stuff for him to open on the day - it's inbuilt in me, one of those things I just know about myself.

We saw The Bourne Ultimatum. The best one of the three, though I could have done without the jumpiness of camera in close up dialogue scenes - I think going out too soon and wobbly camera work unraveled my healing efforts and put me back at square one on Sunday - like I was coming down with it all over again. Despite the motion sickness and my body full of aches (and the fact that even though we were in Gold Class I couldn't recline my chair on account of not being able to breathe through my nose, damnit), I really enjoyed watching this movie. There's scope for a fourth too. And even if you hate the concept of the Bourne films, it's totally not hard to look at Matt Damon for ninetysomething minutes. Just as an aside...

My thyroid is fine (poo, no dramatic weight loss for me). My heart readings showed some instances of tachycardia (do I sound all ER?). Simply put, it means rapid heart beating. Next step is keep a diary of when I feel my heart doing it and note what I'm doing at the time, and some other things, and go back to see the doc after a month or so. Doc says is most likely related to stress and anxiety but is not ruling out a referral to a cardiologist if my diary doesn't demonstrate a pattern which correlates with a stress based cause.

Matt and his Stupid Foot (that's its official name now) are on the mend. Finally. He had the plaster off nearly two weeks ago and has been doing exercises to coax it into doing what it's supposed to be doing. He now walks without aids, though only just, and it gets sore if he is on it for too long.

No comments: