Friday, May 6, 2011

Holidays in the sun

These past school holidays saw us and my brother and his family heading up north together for a week. We rented an apartment on the 34th floor at the Crown Towers Resort, and had a busy few days trawling around all the usual theme and water parks. It was really good to spend time with my sister in law whom I adore but don't see nearly as often as I should. The children all got along extremely well, the weather was fabulous, we really couldn't have asked for a better holiday. We are planning our next one!
Sunrise on the Gold Coast. View from our balcony.

Holidaying with friends and family is something I never did when I was a kid. The majority of my family lives in the UK and I don't really know why we never did it with friends. There is something really special I think about cousins having opportunities to spend time together and forge their own relationships. Mieke and Quinn's cousins on Matt's side are significantly older (the eldest turns 27 this year, the youngest is 13), but my brothers children are close enough in age that there is a chance of some close friendships forming between them. And some of my fondest childhood memories are sitting amongst adults at BBQ's etc and feeling the positive energy and joy as they have a really fun time together - I hope to emulate that for my children.

No comments: