Saturday, May 14, 2011

High ropes

Last Tuesday my work had its annual team building day. It has been our tradition to partake in fairly sedentary activities like movies or bowling (and it always revolves around food) but this year we took it up a notch and tackled the high ropes. I had some reservations about the task at hand but surprised myself by completeing the second hardest course. And was on such a high afterwards!

That's me on the left in the black up amongst the trees, I'm crossing a net. I didn't come out of the course completely unscathed as you can see below. This is the underneath of my arm, 4 days after our team building day. 
To have a look at where we went and the courses you can do, go here. If you're looking for an activity for the family (age 5 and up) I would highly recommend Trees Adventure park. We will be taking the kids there before the end of the year.

2 comments:

T&L said...

Hello Miss Kate, just thought I would let you know that I went to Tree Adventures with my work colleagues(x17) last Fri and had an absolute ball. A few of the guys had to be rescued from various points on the course (and they wern't the Black runs either!) Some of the guys also ended up battered and bruised much like yourself. A great day out and only for the fit it would seem.
The Timbo

K for Kate said...

Hey The Timbo!
It's cool isn't it? Though second time around on the...red course I think it was, it stopped being fun at about the half way mark.

Maybe we should all get the kids together and have a day out when the weather is warmer.