Saturday, May 2, 2009

Run Melbourne 2009

I did this last year with a friend. The Run Melbourne has different events, the 7km was a run/walk. I think we did pretty well, walking a fast-paced 7km in around 45 minutes. Man I was sore and sorry afterwards!
So this year the run/walk on June 28 is only 5kms and I'm feeling pretty confident I can lick it in around 30 minutes. Though it will certainly require extra exercise and I anticipate I might have to do my pathetic shuffle which slightly resembles a jog.
I've recently been walking with another friend and we are currently completing just over 6kms in 50 minutes. We indulge a bit too much in natter and not enough in dedicated goal-getting. I'm hoping she will sign herself up for the Run Melbourne this year, she is threatening to but so far there has been no evidence to back up her statement of intention.
To those who are reading this and thinking "crazy woman, what on earth is she thinking" (because not only am I voluntarily running 5km in the middle of winter but it starts at around 8:30am on a Sunday morning in the city), I'm raising money for Australian Childhood Foundation by taking part.
Here is my page should you wish to sponsor me, or you could enter, choose your charity and do it with me. The more the merrier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Run? Really?????

Hm.......