Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More bad stuff

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


Okay so this blog has turned quickly into my whinge spot.
Matt finally got his surgery last Wednesday after being bedridden for over 2 days. On Friday he was discharged in literally a matter of minutes, left to pack his own things (on a leg he was not, under any circumstances, to use) and told to hopfoot it (no pun intended) down to the transit lounge to wait 5 hours until I had a chance to collect him. Luckily he did not have to wait that long as we made other arrangements, but MAN! It made me so angry.

Then, because at that hospital the first case of polio in Australia in over 20 years has been admitted, and Matt apparently used the same block of toilets as patient, he was contacted by the Dept of Health and told to scoot off to the GP asap for a polio booster. I might add that there was no concern about moi or offspring here, just hospital covering their bottoms. And again I'm left questioning the efficacy of vaccinations when at the first whisper of exposure we are all told to have boosters, boosters, more boosters. Pfft.

And so Matt is in, like a lot, of pain with his leg and that. So what does he do? Falls backwards down the stairs and thinks he's re-torn achilles tendon. Woohoo! Another ultrasound tomorrow.

This afternoon at Matt's shop, a dropkick who claimed to be carrying a knife demanded all the takings from Doug, Matt's employee who is singlehandedly running the shop at the moment. Would never in a million years recommend this course of action, but Doug gave him a mouthful, locked the door and dialed 000. The would-be robber began his tanty about his loss of civil liberty or some such rubbish and threatened to stab Doug, so Doug opened the door and the petrified young man scurried up the street.

Someone, somewhere is seeing how much Matt can stand before his head actually blows right off his shoulders. So polio is the worst you've got? Bring it on I say!

Signed Kate, who doesn't have polio and is in desperate need of a holiday somewhere warm and tropical.

3 comments:

susan said...

how about my week ,three funerals ,a council truck hits my little bright red car and keeps driving, was witnest by two passerbys,i rang cops .truck driver says didnt do it,owner of truck tells witness that if she cannot tell him which part of truck hit my car then it dint happen.she goes to cops because shes scared.they know where she lives and they r telling her it didnt happen.also going to a funeral on my birthday.i also say bring it on!!!!!

susan said...

how about my week ,three funerals ,a council truck hits my little bright red car and keeps driving, was witnest by two passerbys,i rang cops .truck driver says didnt do it,owner of truck tells witness that if she cannot tell him which part of truck hit my car then it dint happen.she goes to cops because shes scared.they know where she lives and they r telling her it didnt happen.also going to a funeral on my birthday.i also say bring it on!!!!!

Nahlia said...

dare i ask how he managed that special?
lets all whinge on this day's post I say! we have both been in bed for 4 days with the dreaded lurgy; we are a pathetic pair mooching around, sniffling, hacking and now we are turning (feral) on each other! i will post something more intelligible when my brain cells return. in the meantime however, I came across this from a yahoo group I'm in...seemed timely given your query! thought may be of interest? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8610554679207090010