Sunday, July 8, 2007

Giant skating fish and sore feet

Yesterday Mieke and I went to see Disney on Ice, Finding Nemo. It was a terrific day out, only dampened slightly by the exorbitant price of everything. A program was $22, but the plus side of that is that upon purchasing the $22 program you would also receive a thin plastic Nemo hat, worth 20 cents (and I think I'm being generous there). She settled for an ice cone in a Nemo cup, an absolute steal at $15. We got a free straw with that.

The show itself was great. About five minutes into it, Mieke asked when it was going to finish, however she became more and more enthralled with each scene. I had wondered how the movie would be brought to life and whether or not it would work (fish do look strange with legs and because Bruce is so big he had four of them) but it was done well by using some of the actual dialogue and scenes from the movie on a large screen behind the show. We had good seats, close enough to fully experience everything but not so close that characters were overwhelming for her.

I was lovely to have a day out with Mieke. She's so grown up compared to the days of me shouting at her to stay with me as she runs off into the crowd, forcing her to hold my hand, etc etc. It was a joy to be with her and we had a really special time. As we were heading home she announced that I'd better hurry because she missed Quinn and wanted to tell him about her day.


This is a portrait of Matt's sore foot, rather good I think. It dawned on me this morning that he will be out of action for at least a month. Greeeeeeat...

2 comments:

Nahlia said...

Yay I finally found my username lol. I have a new puppy and a boyfriend with a gymp hand...wanna trade? hehe
Loving all the photos! Merran

Anonymous said...

People should read this.