Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A story

Mieke has been writing stories for a while now, almost every week we bring home a new homemade book from school. She has written non-fiction pieces, such as the one about bees and their habits, but also is learning to create fictional stories which have a beginning, a middle and an end.
This is a recent one from her 'collection' which made me smile as she read it. Her intonation and facial expressions during story sharing are very entertaining. (The exclamation marks and question marks are all hers, though the question marks are back to front).

The cat sat on the mat but what did it do? The cat chewed the mat! I likd that cat so I broot a cat my salf. I like my cat but my cat ran a way! Where is it? Sum one fed it sum millk and took it for a wok. My cats name is flafey.

There is an element of truth in this. Our cat took off the day after we moved last November and we haven't seen him since. Mieke talks about him quite a bit.




No comments: